Halloween Super Quiz Part 1 by Shane Barr
1) What were the first Jack O’Lanterns made from?
2) What is SAMHAINOPHOBIA?
A FEAR OF HALLOWEEN.
3) Where did trick or treating originate from?
A CELTIC TRADITION TO PLACATE THE SPIRITS.
4) What two colours are traditionally associated with Halloween?
ORANGE AND BLACK.
5) What European country is thought to have been the birthplace of Halloween?
6) Name two other names for Halloween?
ALL HALLOWS EVE, WITCHES NIGHT, LAMSWOOL, SNAP APPLE NIGHT, SHAMAIN, SUMMERS END.
7) What did Scottish girls believe they could see if they hung wet sheets in front of a fire on Halloween?
IMAGES OF THEIR FUTURE HUSBAND.
8) What famous magician died on Halloween night in 1926?
9) If you wear your clothes inside out and walk backwards on Halloween, what might you see at midnight?
10) When was Halloween thought to have originated?
11) What town in Massachusetts is thought to be the Halloween capital of the World?
12) What does Mexico celebrate on Halloween?
DIAS DE LOS MUERTOS ( Days of the Dead ).
13) Which ancient Roman festival influenced Halloween?
14) What animals are associated with Halloween and witches?
15) If you heard what animal’s call on Halloween it meant someone was going to die?
AN OWLS CALL.
16) The word witch comes from the old English WICCE, what does it mean?
17) What does the colour orange symbolise on Halloween?
18) In Alabama what is it illegal to dress up as on Halloween?
19) If you see a spider on Halloween what does it mean?
A SPIRIT OF A DEAD LOVED ONE WATCHING OVER YOU.
20) What other colours can pumpkins be?
GREEN, WHITE, RED, GREY.