Questions - Set 121 - General Knowledge
1. Lusitania is the Roman name for which country?
2. Which county's flag is the only square flag in the world? Switzerland
3. In China, in a restaurant, what are you ordering if you ask for
'fragrant meat'? Dog
4. Who compiled the first complete version of the Bible to be printed in
English in 1535? Myles Coverdale.
5. Who wrote the following books: 'Peter Pan, The Little Minister and
Window in Thrums'? J.M Barrie (1860-1937)
6. Which of the Bronte sisters wrote 'Wuthering Heights'? Emily Bronte
7. Who was the first ever Labour Party Prime Minister in the UK. For a
bonus point what was the year? James Ramsay MacDonald, in 1924
8. Which English county lies to the west of Devon? Cornwall
9. Who wrote the children's book 'George's Marvellous Medicine'? Roald
10. to which group of Scottish islands do 'Auskerry, Burray and Cava'
belong? Orkney Islands
11. General Elections are traditionally held on which day of the week in
12. In which year did South Korea hold its first 'Grand Prix' motor
race? 2010 (October)
13. In which country will you find the 'Carisbrook Rugby Stadium'? New
14. Dupion, Habotai and Noil are three types of what fabric? Silk
15. Who was the author of the novel 'Doctor Zhivago'? Boris Pasternak
16. Who was the first King of all England (802-839)? EGBERT
17. The traditional 'Daily rum ration' was ended in what year? 1970
18. Who's famous (reputed) last words were 'I told you I was ill'? Spike Milligan
(These words are on his headstone)
19. By what name is singer 'Anthony Dominic Benevetto' better known?
20. In what year was the World Snooker Championship first televised?
View our You Tube intro here:
Quiz4FREEintro And PLEASE share it with your contacts. Thanks.
Add a Connections Round to your quiz
If you like my quizzes please tell your friends. If not
please tell me
Free questions series 2