Questions - Set 122 - General Knowledge
1. How many psalms are there in the Bible? - 150
2. Which was the first European TV channel in Europe to broadcast in
colour? BBC 2
3. In which hemisphere does the majority of the land area of Africa lie?
4. The oil of which spice is traditionally used to ease the pain of
5. Which snooker player was known as the Hurricane? Alex Higgins
6. Which New Zealand city is known as the windy city? Wellington
7. Which children's TV show used cabbages as the booby prize?
8. Which nations flag features on more country's flags than any other?
Great Britain - Union flag
9. In which sport could a competitor perform a 'Hiplock' or a 'Flying
10. Who presented the long-running radio programme 'Desert Island Discs'
until his death in 1985? Roy Plomley
11. Whose final words are reputed to be "Don't die like I did" George
12. Which Scottish battle took place in 1314? The Battle of Bannockburn.
(It saw the Scottish king, Robert the Bruce, win a key victory over
the huge English forces of King Edward II)
13. Edward VI, who ruled from 1547-1553 was the son of Henry VIII by
which wife? Jane Seymour
14. In what year did Indira Gandhi become Prime Minister of India? 1966
15. The Spanish call which animal 'caballo'? Horse
16. Which city is the birthplace of US TV presenter 'Jerry Springer'?
17. Complete this English proverb, 'A volunteer is worth'? 'twenty
18. How many moons surround the planet Mercury? None
19. Dolly the Sheep was successfully cloned in Scotland in what year?
20. Which 2006 animated Disney film featured the characters 'Lightning
McQueen, Doc Hudson and Fillmore'? Cars
View our You Tube intro here:
Quiz4FREEintro And PLEASE share it with your contacts. Thanks.
Add a Connections Round to your quiz
If you like my quizzes please tell your friends. If not
please tell me
Free questions series 2