Questions Set 105
Who made the bloomer? Create your own questions from these hilarious
1. "They didn't change positions, they just moved the
2. "You can see the ball go past them, or the man, but you'll never see
both man and ball go past at the same time. So if the ball goes past, the
man won't, or if the man goes past, they'll take the ball."
3. "What disappointed me was that we didn't play with any passion. I'm
not disappointed, you know, I'm just disappointed."
4. "The new season will be all about scoring more goals than the
5. "If Glenn Hoddle said one word to his team at half-time, it was
concentration and focus."
6. "They (Swindon) are still finding that they are much happier when they
have the ball than when the other side has it."
7. "He's caused the Chelsea defence no amount of problems."
8. "We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first
9. "Without being too harsh on David, he cost us the match."
10. "The important thing is that he shook hands with us over the phone."
11. "Eighty per cent of teams who score first in matches go on to win
them. But they may draw some ? or occasionally lose.?
A thoughtful David Pleat
12. "Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose."
13. "The problem at Wimbledon seems to be that the club has suffered a
loss of complacency."
14. "He has got his tactics wrong tactically."
15. "He reminds me of a completely different version of Robbie Earle."
16. "The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out
of the starting line-up today."
17. "I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my
18. "A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it
nearly came off."
19. "Lampard fired straight through the middle of a non-existent wall."
20. "A win would be better than a draw."
Sporting Bloomers (Actual comments made by experienced sporting
And here's Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few
"Once Tony Daley opens his legs you've got a problem"
"Its a great advantage to be able to hurdle with both legs"
"We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start of the
race, only exactly the opposite"
After playing Cameroon in the 1990 world cup finals: "We didn't
underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought"
"And with an alphabetical irony, Nigeria follows New Zealand"
On the difficulties of adjusting to playing football and living in Italy:
"It was like being in a foreign country"
"Fred Davis, the doyen of snooker, now 67 years of age and too old to get
his leg over, prefers to use his left hand."
"Ah! Isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the
cox of the Oxford crew"
Jimmy Hill : "Don't sit on the fence Terry. What chance do you think
Germany has of getting through?
Terry Venables : "I think it's 50-50."
"Hodge scored for Forest after 22 seconds - totally against the run of
"We actually got the winner three minutes from the end but then they
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a
lifetime for that prat"
"I was in a no-win situation, so I'm glad that I won rather than lost"
"Henry Horton's got a funny stance. It looks as if he's shitting on a
"There's going to be a real ding-dong when the bell goes."
"There is Brendan Foster, by himself, with 20,000 people"
"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is
"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel"
"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father"
"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them
"Watch the time - it gives you an indication of how fast they are running"
"Just under 10 seconds for Nigel Mansel. Call it 9.5 seconds in round
"Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil
than English sides like Wales"
"A brain Scan revealed that Andrew Caddick is not suffering from stress
fracture of the shin"
The French are not normally a Nordic Skiing Nation"
That's inches away from being millimetre perfect"
"Bobby Gould thinks I'm trying to stab him in the back. In fact I'm right
"I'll fight Lloyd Honeyghan for nothing if the price is right"
"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing
"I can't tell who's leading - It's either Oxford or Cambridge"
(John Snagge - Boat Race)
"The Queen's Park Oval, exactly as its name suggests - absolutely round."