Quiz4FREE: Doing our bit to save the
British Pub! Support our cause, go along to your local Pub Quiz.
Remember to check the
answers with another source! When compiling large numbers of questions,
mistakes can and sometimes do happen. Tip: A quick way to
check the questions and/or answers is to use Google.
Find us on
Quiz 115a -
1. Which is the largest bird, Swift or Swallow?
2. Who was Barnsley Football Club’s manager between 1970 and 1982?
3. Who played the character, Andy Defresne, wrongly imprisoned in the
film, The Shawshank Redemption?
4. Ancient Egyptians paid their workers in part Cash. Today we associate
the word ‘cash’ to mean money but what was ‘Cash’ in ancient Egypt?
5. What commodity was mined in the Austrian city of Salzburg?
(Salt- Salzburg means Salt Town)
6. What article of clothing is a Homburg?
(A Soft Felt Hat)
7. Which sister of a poet wrote the book, ‘Frankenstein’?
8. What nickname did the Americans give to the girl who broadcast to
them on Japanese Radio?
9. Who were the first winners of crickets Gillette Cup in 1963?
10. Which pop group, popular in the 70’s & 80’s were led by Ray Sawyer?
11. How was Jan Ludvic Hock better known who mysteriously died in 1991?
12. What nationality were the composers Engelbert Humperdinck, Richard
Strauss and Johan Sebastian Bach?
13. In Roman numerous, how would the next King Henry be written down?
14. Whose hits of the 70’s included. “Every Thing is Beautiful” and
15. Up to 1875 in football, every time a goal was scored what did the
16. If you were in Central Manhattan, New York on 5th Ave, between 32nd
Street and 34th Street you would be outside which building?
(Empire State Building)
17. Which monarch ordered the beheading of Mary Stewart in 1587?
18. How many Nobel Prizes are awarded annually?
19. Which pop group of the 90’s were made up of John Hendry, Tony
Mortimer, Brian Harvey and Terry Caldwell?
20. From which sport does the expression “To keep tabs on” come?
View our You Tube intro here:
Quiz4FREEintro And PLEASE share it with your contacts. Thanks.
Add a Connections Round to your quiz
If you like my quizzes please tell your friends. If not
please tell me
Free questions series 2