|| Remember to check the
answers with another source!
When compiling large numbers of questions, mistakes can and sometimes do
happen. Tip: A quick way to
check the questions and/or answers is to use Google.
1. Easy one to start with: What connects the
Roh Moo-hyun, Kurt Cobain, Virginia Woolf, Vincent Van Gogh and
2. What is the common name for a diaphone?
a: Which 16th century English dramatist wrote the play Edward II?
b: Which world record did Jonathan Edward's break in 1995
c: In which country is Prince Edward island?
d: In which classic 1950s western does John Wayne play the part
of Ethan Edwards?
e: In which year did British King Edward VIII abdicate?
4. On which island did Captain Flint bury his treasure in 'Treasure
5. Elvira, Cambridge Favorite, Elsanta, Polka, Eros, Kent, Bounty,
Korona and Calypso are all mouth watering examples of what?
6. A word meaning sin, injustice or immoral act. 8 letters
7. In which year (or season) did UEFA introduce the penalty shoot
a: The eruption of which Indonesian Volcano caused 36,000
deaths in 1883?
b: In what South American country is the volcano Aconcagua, the
highest peak in the world?
c: On which island is Mauna Loa, the world's largest active
d: Which Mexican Volcano began a 7 year series of eruptions in
1943? Taricutin, Paricutin, Saricutin or Laricutin
e: What is the name of the active volcano situated to the south
of Quito in Ecuador?
f: Which Volcano in the Lipari islands erupted violently in
1930 and 1966?
9. According to legend, who lived in Bran Castle?
10. Which Randy Newman song was banned in some US states?
11. In a televised address back in March 2003, how many hours did
former US President George W Bush give Saddam Hussein to leave Iraq?
12. The following were the captain or skipper of which vessels?
a. Captain Ahab
c. Charlie Allnut
d. Captain Langsdorff
13. Which animals name stems from the Latin word for spirit or ghost?
14. Tenzin Gyatso is also known by which other name?
15. Most of us suffer or enjoy the curse of Adam. What is the curse
16. On May 18th 2009 a long and bloody civil war was officially
ended with the total military defeat of the LTTE. What does the
acronymn LTTE stand for?
17. Amsterdam Vallon and Bill The Butcher are both characters from
which 2002 film?
For two bonus points, which actors played these parts in this
18. Kepler's 3 laws deal with what?
19. What is the connection between the Bishop of Urgel and the
President of France?
20. One Liners: We give you one line from a very famous song from
1971. You tell us the name of the artist (that had a hit with that
song in 1971) and the title of the song.
a: And I really should be back at school
b: Hey, girl what ya doin? down there
c: Well they're some sad things known to man
d: That music used to make me smile
e: Younger than the mountains Growin' like a breeze
f: You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
g: Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
h: I hope someday you'll join us
i: To tell the story of how great a love can be
j: But every night all the men would come around
k: I rode my bicycle past your window last night
Now, on to the answers...
1. Acceptable answers: They all committed suicide AND they all left
a suicide note.
a: Christopher Marlowe
b: Triple Jump
d: The Searchers
4. Skeleton Island
9. Count Dracula
10. Short People
11. 48 Hours
12. four answers
b. PT 109 or PT 59
c. African Queen
d. Graf Spee
14. The (14th) Dalai Lama
15. To work for a living
16. Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (Also known as the Tamil Tigers)
17. Gangs of New York.
Bonus: Leonardo Dicaprio played Amsterdam Vallon and Daniel
Day-Lewis starred as William 'Bill The Butcher' Cutting
18. Planetary Motion
19. They are the Heads of State in Andorra.
a: Maggie May - Rod Stewart
b: Knock Three Times - Tony Orlando & Dawn
c: Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
d: American Pie - Don McLean
e: Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
f: You've Got A Friend - James Taylor
g: Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
h: Imagine - John Lennon
i: Where Do I Begin - Andy Williams
j: Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves - Cher
k: Brand New Key - Melanie