Quiz 133a -
1. What is 'The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street'? The
Bank of England
2. Best selling author, Mary Westmacott, is better known as whom? Agatha
3. We have all heard of 'H G Wells', what does the H G stand for?
4. Donald Duck has three nephews, can you name them? Huey; Dewey and
5. In which US city did the St. Valentine's Massacre occur? Chicargo
6. By what name was actor Bernard Schwartz usually known? Tony Curtis
7. Who wrote the 'Brer Rabbit' books? Joel Chandler Harris
8. The leaves of which plant are said to heal a nettle sting? Dock
9. Which is the most northerly point in mainland Britain? Dunnet Head
10. What was the Roman name for Ireland? Hibernia
11. Who returned as president of Uganda after the fall of Idi Amin?
12. Which football competition awards the Henri Delaunay trophy to the
winner? The UEFA European Football Championship
13. Whose ear did Mike Tyson bite in Las Vegas 1997? Evander Holyfield
14. How many solstices are there each year? Two
15. Vijay Singh, a US Masters champion, comes from where? Fiji
16. Anagram 'LIMITED RAT HELMET'? The Little Mermaid (Clue - Disney
17. Which musical instrument is associated with jazz musician Kid Ory?
18. Who was the first US driver to win the Formula 1 World Championship?
Phil Hill in 1961
19. Which vegetable is called rutabaga in the USA and neeps in Scotland?
20. What is the capital of Canada? Ottawa
View our You Tube intro here:
And PLEASE share it with your contacts. Thanks.
Add a Connections Round to your quiz
If you like my quizzes please tell your friends. If not
please tell me
Free questions series 2