1. What country has an area of approximately
3.85 million square miles, a population of 29 million and her flag is
coloured red and white?
2. Which author and comedian has released the novels "Time for Bed" and
"Whatever Love Means"?
3. Which Commonwealth country had the Prime Ministers Bill McMahon, Edward
Whitlam and John Frasier in the 1970s?
4. What colour light is displayed from the starboard side of a ship?
5. Who was the leader of the USSR when Yuri Gagarin became the first man
to go into space?
6. Who played Edmund Blackadder in the BBC comedy series Blackadder?
7. For which two films did Steven Spielberg win the Best Director Oscar?
Schindler's List and Saving Private
8. Which male athlete won 4 gold medals at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics
for the 100 metres, 200 metres, 400 metre relay and the long jump?
The International System of Units or (SI)
In all there are seven SI base units:
e.g. the meter for distance,
9. for mass, the kilogram
10. for time, the second
11. for electric current, the ampere
12. for temperature, the kelvin
13. for amount of substance, the mole
14. for intensity of light, the candela
15. Who preceded Margaret Thatcher as Prime
Minister of the United Kingdom?
16. Odin, a one-eyed bearded old man was the most powerful god in which
17. What is the name of the galaxy our Solar System is in?
The Milky Way
18. What country did ex-Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar represent?
19. What flag does a ship traditionally fly to indicate it is about to set
The Blue Peter
20. What is the capital city of Iran?
21. Which mountain range runs along the west coast of South America for over