Quiz 26 Film
1. Mary Irwin and John C. Rice were the first to do what in film in
2. What were the first cinemas in the USA (circa 1900) called ?
3. Which French word was used to label films like The Maltese
Falcon, Cape Fear, Gilda, Asphalt Jungle and Touch of Evil ?
4. Which film role do all of the following have in common ?
Douglas Fairbanks, Errol Flynn, Richard Todd, Lex Barker, Seam
Connery and Patrick Bergen
5. Which Steven King book was the first to be filmed in 1976 ?
6. Who played the role of Capt. Bligh opposite each of the
following Fletcher Christian's ? a. Clark Gable b. Mel Gibson
c. Marlon Brando
7. Plus or minus 1 year, how long did it take to make the Disney
masterpiece 'Bambi' ?
8. What instrument did Joe, the character played by Tony Curtis in
'Some like it hot' play ?
9. In what does Anita Ekberg take her famous bath in the film 'La
Dolce Vita' ?
10. In which film does Robert De Niro play a gangster named Noodles
11. Which comedy duo were the stars of the movie 'Way Out West'?
12. In 1988 the Four Tops had a hit with 'Loco in Acapulco'. Which
film was it taken from?
13. Who plays the grown-up Tarzan, in 'Greystoke, The Legend of
Tarzan, Lord of the Apes'?
14. Which actress deposes John Gordon Sinclair from the school
football team in the classic comedy 'Gregory's Girl'?
15. In which movie did Sean Connery play the role of monk, William
16. Which movie is the odd one out and why: Raising Arizona, Fargo,
Blood Simple, Seven, The Big Lebowski?
17. Which comedy duo starred in the films 'That Riviera Touch' and
'The Intelligence Men'?
18. What is the name of Robert Altmans film that is a rye look at
the fashion industry?
19. In which movie did Bob Hoskins play the character Harold Shand?
20. Which film gave Robert Redford a Best Director Oscar in 1980?
21. Who won an OSCAR for best actor for his part in the 1967 film,
'In The Heat Of The Night'?
22. What was the surname of the reporter played by Robert Redford
in All the Presidents Men?
23. Director and title role actor of the 1945 film Henry V,
knighted in 1947 and created peer in 1970, who was he?
24. Which Australian actor appeared in the films 'Cocktail' and
'Gorillas In The Mist' as well as the TV series 'The Thorn Birds'?
25. Who played a bumbling accomplice of 007's in the film Never Say
26. Which actor has appeared in more James Bond films than any
and now the answers...
3. Noir (Film Noir) The black series of films.
4. Robin Hood.
6. a. Charles Laughton b. Anthony Hopkins c. Trevor Howard.
7. 5 years.
9. Trevi fountain.
10. Once upon a time in America.
11. Laurel and Hardy.
13. Christopher Lambert.
14. Dee Hepburn.
15. The Name of the Rose.
16. Seven, The other movies were all written/directed by the Coen
17. Morecambe and Wise.
18. Pret A Porter.
19. The Long Good Friday.
20. Ordinary People.
21. Rod Steiger.
22. (Bob) Woodward.
23. Laurence Olivier.
24. Bryan Brown.
25. Rowan Atkinson.
26. Desmond Llewellyn (Q).