Questions - Answers
1. Which serving Prime Minister survived an
assassination attempt in the 1980s?
2. In which city did the SAS storm the Iranian Embassy in the 1980s?
3. MP Edwina Currie resigned in the 1980s over which farm food?
4. Which 'Ben' was disqualified from the Seoul Olympics for testing
positive for drugs?
5. In which sea was the oilrig, Piper Alpha which caught fire in the
6. Which 'Mike' became the youngest heavyweight boxing champion in the
7. Which 'Bob' rode Aldaniti to victory in the 1981 Grand National?
8. Which US President was the subject of an assassination attempt in the
9. In which city was Beatle, John Lennon murdered in the 1980s?
10. What occupation was Lady Diana Spencer doing when she was pictured
wearing a see through skirt in the 1980s?
11. Of what is Bamboo the tallest variety in the world?
12. Which Mexican drink is made from the Agave plant?
13. Laurel leaves are poisonous. True or False?
14. The Petiole is on which part of a plant?
15. What colour is cookoo spit?
16. Which mode of transport did Christopher Cockerell invent in the
17. 'C-Curity' was the name of the first type of what?
18. Who was the first man to set foot on the moon?
19. Ruud Gullitt was the first black premiership manager - but for which
20. Golda Meir was the first female Prime Minister of which country?
21. Which came first, the stage show or the film version
of Phantom of the Opera?
22. Which word goes before 'In the USA' and 'To run' in two Bruce
23. Which famous cricket commentator dies of a heart attack in January
24. Which 'Lou' sang the hit 'Perfect Day'?
25. In which decade was Liz Hurley born? 1950s, 1960s or 1970s?
26. For which sport did Duncan Goodhew represent Great Britain?
27. Francois Mitterand was born during which 20th century conflict?
28. Who wrote 'Under Milk Wood'?
29. What was the surname of Steve Coogan's creations Paul and Paula?
30. Who wrote the play 'Blythe Spirit'?
1) Margaret Thatcher
8) Ronald Reagan
9) New York
14) Leaf Stalk
17) Zip fastener
18) Neil Armstrong
23) Brian Johnson
28) Dylan Thomas
30) Noel Coward