1. What nationality was the referee who disallowed Sol
Campbell's goal in Euro 2004?
2. Which British actress provides the voice for the Fairy Godmother in the
film Shrek 2?
3. What is the name of the camp in Cuba where al the Al Qaeda hostages are
4. Which four countries contested the Euro 2004 semi-finals?
5. 'Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs' is the closing tune, to which long
running comedy which has just ended after a run of 11 years?
6. Where did 'shepees' (female urinals) make a splash recently?
7. Who has recently been arrested over the alleged assault of Debbie Ash?
8. Who is currently bidding for a record 6th successive Tour de France
9. Which is the only vowel on a standard keyboard, which is not on the top
10. By what name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento better known?
11. What is the capital city of Malaysia?
12. Which film starred Reese Witherspoon as a blonde bimbo who went to
Harvard Law School?
13. There are 3 possible verdicts in Scottish Law; 'Guilty' and 'Not
Guilty' are two, what is the third?
14. The Winter Palace is in which Russian City?
15. The compiler of which newspaper crossword was arrested on spying
charges when his crosswords were found to contain Normandy invasion code
16. Chief Superintendent Spikings was the boss of which crime-fighting
17. Which Rock and Roll guitarist was famous for his Duck Walk?
18. The River Colne flows through England's oldest recorded town, which
19. What does the letter ?B? stand for in RSPB?
20. Which TV character is famous for the catchphrase 'Yes, M'lady'?
21. Which sitcom featured the adventures of the Soloman family?
22. Which is the fastest creature on 2 legs?
23. Which alcoholic drink was advertised under the slogan 'Works Wonders'?
24. Which Staffordshire theme park features rides called Apocalypse and
Storm Force Ten?
25. The Scilly Isles belong to which county?
26. Who performs the crowning ceremony at a coronation?
27. Which TV show featured the catchphrase 'Very interesting, but stupid'?
28. Which 1980s group had hits with 'I don't care' and 'I want your
29. Which surname links the following chart acts, Jimmy, Paul and Faron?
30. The first letter of the answers to questions 21-29 should spell the
name of an actor, but which character did this actor play in Eastenders?
2) Jennifer Saunders
3) Camp X-Ray at Guantanamo Bay
4) Greece, Portugal, Holland and Czech Republic
7) Lee Chapman
8) Lance Armstrong
11) Kuala Lumpar
12) Legally Blonde
13) Not Proven
14) St Petersburg
16) Dempsey and Makepeace
17) Chuck Berry
21) Third Rock from the Sun
23) Double Diamond
24) Drayton Manor
26) Archbishop of Canterbury
27) Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in
28) Transvision Vamp
30) Todd Carty - who played Mark Fowler