1. Which naturalist was behind the theory
of evolution by natural selection?
2. Lake Eyre is the largest lake in which country?
3. What is the height of a cricket stump (in
inches or centimetres)? 28 inches (71.1 cm)
4. Key West, at the tip of the Florida peninsular
was the first USA town to do what in 1967? Take all it's fresh water from
5. Which bird has ?golden? and ?argus? varieties?
6. What are the surnames of Romeo and Juliet in
the play of the same name? Capulet and Montague
7. The Khyber Pass links Pakistan with which
8. In Roman Mythology, who was the messenger of
the Gods? Mercury
9. With which group was Morrissey the lead singer?
10. Which Eastenders character was played by Sid Owen?
11. Under which monument is the French tomb of the
Unknown Soldier? Arc de Triumph
12. Which 2 countries have hosted the football world cup
twice? Italy and Mexico
13. Which English physicist wrote 'A Brief History of
Time'? Stephen Hawkins
14. What is the main ingredient of a Molotov cocktail?
15. What type of creature is a Bombay Duck? Fish!
16. Who was Britain?s first Knight of pop? Sir
17. In Scrabble, how many points does the letter
18. Who had a number one hit with 'Final Countdown'?
19. Which mountain range runs through Columbia, Peru,
Venezuela and Argentina? Andes
20. Which English actor won an Oscar for the role of a
butler in the film Arthur? John Gielgud