1. What country does the Canary Islands
2. What river flows through the Grand Canyon in the USA? Colorado
3. Which English football club won the League and FA Cup "double" in 1986?
4. What is the lightest of all the elements and has the atomic number 1?
5. Before the French Revolution in 1789, who is reported to have said "Let
them eat cake"? Marie Antoinette
6. Which note does an orchestra tune to? A
7. Who was voted European Footballer of the Year for 2000? Luis
8. What is the capital city of Morocco? Rabat
9. In the world of weaponry, what do the initials ICBM stand for?
Inter-continental Ballistic Missile
10. In the medical world what do the initials ENT stand for? Ear
Nose and Throat
11. At which battle was Richard III slain?
12. What is the longest river in Great Britain? The Severn
13. What is the patella bone better known as? The kneecap
14. Which book features the characters Passepartout, Mr Fix and Aouda?
Around The World In Eighty Days
15. In the song, Solomon Grundy was born on Monday, what happened to him
on Thursday? Took ill
16. Who was the leader of the USSR during World War Two? Joseph
17. What is the fourth planet from the Sun? Mars
18. What game's name comes from the French for "little wheel"?
19. Who won the men's 100 metres gold medal at the 2000 Olympic Games?
20. What nation won the men's football gold medal at the 2000 Olympic