Tie Break Questions
Here's a selection of useful
tie-breakers. Simply copy & paste as
required. The team closest to the correct answers
is the winner!
Longest river: Source -
1. The worlds longest river according to our source is the
Nile. How long is it in miles?
2. The worlds longest river according to our source is the
Nile. How long is it in km?
3. In 1990 what was the population of Tanzania?
4. If you take 1 pound (lb) of cobwebs and spread them out in 1 straight line,
how long will will they be in miles?
48.000 (Or twice round the world!)
5. What is the distance between London, England and Paris, France, as the crow flies?
213 miles (343km) (185 nautical miles)
Note: We have given 3 possible answers. Adjust question for each answer.
6. The World's second largest desert is the Australian Desert. How many square miles does it occupy?
7. What is the Earth's mean distance from the Sun in Miles?
92,960,000 (149,600,000 km)
8. What is the maximum depth of the Atlantic Ocean in feet?
9. Queensland is the second largest state in Australia, how many square kilometres is it?
1,727,200 Square Kilometres.
10. How tall in feet is Salisbury Cathedral's spire from ground to tip?
The team closest to the correct answers is the winner!
More Tie Breakers can be found here